The Second Annual Rantwick Autumn Tree Smackdown, North America's premier fall-foliage-posted-on-an-obscure-website competition, RULES! That is all.
Seriously though, I've had some comments inquiring about some of the rules so I thought I would do a post for all to see. Rules are fairly few.
1) Your entry should should feature 1 or if necessary just a few trees featuring an obvious star-power tree. This is a Tree Smackdown, not a "forest face-off" or "copse competition".
2) Since I hope to continue to run this competition annually, your picture should be of a tree from this 2011 Autumn season.
3) Your picture should be one you took yourself. Including some information about where the tree is from in your submission would be appreciated.
4) Your tree can be from anywhere you like. PaddyAnne from Vancouver won last year with a tree from New York. If you snap it, you can send it.
5) Submissions are due by midnight, Dec 15, 2011 EST. I wait so long because many of my readers seem to come from the Southern (United) States.
I think that's it. Don't forget to spread the word, and if there are any questions, please comment.
R A N T W I C K